Monday, September 11, 2006

Labor Day and Moving

Man, have I been busy! Dad and I drove up to Eureka Springs, Arkansas Saturday of Labor Day weekend. We had a pleasant road trip. We met my Mom and Mamou (mom's mom, my grandmother) at Mamou's House. Mom had already been there visiting for a couple of weeks. We had a nice visit!

We always enjoy sitting on her porch and taking in the scenery. This time, several deer came right up into her big yard, although I didn't get a good shot of them!

Here are Mamou and I enjoying Sunday lunch at Myrtie Mae's in Eureka.

Here's a Katydid that joined us on the porch.

Monday, we drove out to my uncle's house out in the country where it was just beautiful! We had a bbq with some of the cousins/Aunts/Uncles. It was good to see them again. But, me and my parents had to leave pretty early so we could get back to Dallas before too late that night. I had to work Tuesday!

Tuesday through Friday was an incredibly busy work week for me. But I did receive Kudos so that was nice. PLUS I had to pack at night for my big move which took place on Saturday and Sunday.

So now I am in my new place in Lewisville. I finally have cable. Now I can watch and discuss all those fun shows that everyone talks about! What do you recommend?

8 comments:

Judy said...

Great shot of Mamou's house. I'm sure it's a good picture of the katydid, too, but you know I don't like bugs or lizards.

I recognize you and your parents and Mamou and Millie and Bob. Should I know any of the others?

How about some pictures of your new apartment?

Auntie Judy

Unknown said...

The bearded man between mom and Mamou is Uncle Phil.

Unknown said...

The three young adults next to dad are Mike's kids. The teenager next to Bob is Phil's youngest. The kids on the steps are Mike's grandkids.

Judy said...

I don't think I've seen Mike's kids or grandkids before. Phil's son looks a bit like I remember Phil. Guess I'd have to see Phil closer up to see the person I remember in his face.

tamandscott said...

That sounds like a fun trip with family--those are the best! Now that you're back, you have some time to get that reunion planning going...

tamandscott said...

And...you totally need to get hooked on Grey's Anatomy. It is on regular ABC, but it is sooooo good.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to own a house in Eureka Springs someday, Joan.

Fun pictures.

As for cable show recommendations, here are mine: Project Runway, and Battlestar Gallactica - new season starting in August!

Anonymous said...

October, not August.