Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Iron Springs Christian Camp 1986 part 3

Prompted by Ode to Iron Springs over at tamandscott's blog, I have dug out some old photos for my old campers (and OLD counselors) to enjoy. :)

I was a counselor at good 'ol ISCC, located in Whitney, TX, in 1985 and 1986. The current set of photos is from 1986.

I believe this is Rachel Harris. I took a bunch of photos lying in my bed while my campers climbed around the bunk beds posing for photos. Unfortunately, due to Jenni's comical tradition of "take your pants off before nap", (which a lot of the campers imitated) a lot of my shots aren't that flattering for me to post. ahem. So, I did some editing.


This is Sara McCrae in the pink pants. For some reason, I nicknamed her Cheese Weenie. Behind her is one of the Fuller twins, Tammie or Angie - not sure which. Their nicknames were Baby Buns and Tiny Hiny (self-imposed, btw). I seem to recall a burp night where we kept burping their nicknames. I was such a positive influence...



Shelley Titus zerberting Lisa Turnbull :)



Sara reminds me of Shelley's daughter, Shelby.



Steve Esquivel and Rob Parrish



Jenni Gage and Nathan Ivy



John Hale

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! I assume you know everyone in these. Wow, it makes me so want to go back to camp!

tamandscott said...

I love them!! The picture of the nerdy twin is definitely Angie:). Thanks! I'm going to send people your way...

Unknown said...

I saw Rachel Harris at ACU in 1999. She happened to be standing in line behind me as we were trying to get into some meeting/banquet thing.

MattandSara said...

Cheese Weenie speaking here (a.k.a. Sara McRae)! That is amazing that you A)still have all those pictures and B)can name most of the people in them. Why did you start calling me Cheese Weenie anyway? This brings back such great memories for me and I am so sad that it is closing. Thanks for the laugh (and my husband thanks you too).

Unknown said...

Glad I could provide a laugh for both of you! Sorry, I can't remember the origin of Cheese Weenie, but it seems right to me!

tamandscott said...

Hey, I'm just impressed that you not only remember these people's names but also their nicknames.

angie c said...

Rachel's married with a baby now. I e-mailed her to look at your blog. These pictures are awesome!! My husband was cracking up at my hair. Totally 80's man. Thanks for sharing!!