Thursday, February 16, 2006

Freelancing

More and more people have been asking me to help them with their print/web/logo design and photography needs. I enjoy doing it, but at some point I want to start charging something. But coming up with a fee is hard to do, especially for friends. I guess I really can't charge anything until I build my own cool website with links back to all the websites I have dabbled on!


When will that be, you ask? I don't know. I have an old computer at home that is not very reliable. I need a new computer. Actually, I need both a mac and pc loaded up with all the cool multi-media programs. Aaaaah, some day! Until then, I will continue to use my 'trusty' 1999 Gateway computer with Photoshop 6. (of course, it helps to use the fun stuff at work too!)

6 comments:

tamandscott said...

Oh my word, I cannot believe you found my blog. That is soooo funny about the big toe thing. I completely forgot! What are you up to? It looks like a lot of great travelling. We went to New York last year, and I loved it so much. Great to hear from you!
Tammie (camper of the year)

Brian said...

I am pleased to have gotten to you before the fee-charging stage, Joan Miller!

Is my logo ready yet? :)

Anonymous said...

Hey joan, sorry I can't help with the whole charging thing, I personally would think they owe you a least a SONIC drink!!! When are you coming over to see the puppy!
By the way, that's for the compliment on the girls (tam's blog). You are the best!
S-

tamandscott said...

WE WANT IRON SPRINGS PICTURES! WE WANT IRON SPRINGS PICTURES!

Unknown said...

hee hee...okay okay... they are coming...check back after Sunday afternoon. The negatives will be scanned to disk tonight! :)

kate said...

I had thought of asking you to design my logo for me, but then didn't.