Thursday, July 20, 2006

Project Square Dance

I am a part of a group of 5 friends that is participating in a crazy "Project Square Dance". Kate talks about it on her blog here. It's where Person A knits/crochets a 10x10 square and gives it to Person B. Person B knits/crochets a 10x10 square, stitches it to the first square, and sends it on to Person C. This goes through all 5 people and then this row is returned to Person A, the one who will own this afghan when completed. This process goes on row by row until afghan is completed. However, each PERSON started their own afghan! So it will just go on and on for quite a while. We are excited about it.

This is my very first square ever!

4 comments:

tamandscott said...

That's pretty fun. I was going to ask who got to keep the afghan, but I see that you all get one! Nice square.

kate said...

Oooh! Ooh! I got your square the other day, I totally forgot to mention it! Now, I have a question--can I use any color for yours so long as it's worsted weight and washable?

Unknown said...

Yes, any color or pattern (it would be nice if there were not clashing colors next to a certain square) but I do prefer similar yarn. I used Caron Simply soft. Some of that scratchy stuff bothers me. Yay! I am excited. I have to get BKH's afghan finished and on to you next week!

tamandscott said...

I can't believe Tami and Tonya are your cousins!!!! You're the second cousin of theirs that I know and found out about later. I had Blake in fourth grade this year. I knew they went to a reunion this weekend, and I told Tonya she had to bring me back a Lamberth Family Reunion shirt to make up for not helping me in class this morning!! Such a small world...