Monday, May 28, 2007

Prayer Request

My grandmother (mom's mom), who currently lives with my parents and has a known heart condition, was taken to the hospital in Tyler Thursday because she had shortness of breath. Turns out they needed to draw fluid off of her heart and readjust her medicines. She was feeling much better by Saturday. While my parents were visiting her Saturday night, my Dad, who also has a known heart condition, began to have syncope episodes (small blackouts which he's been having more of lately). He got into the emergency room and they discovered his pacemaker wasn't set to the correct level. So, it was readjusted and he was feeling much better by Sunday. But they also discovered one of the leads to his pacemaker might have become disconnected somehow. He is scheduled to have a new pacemaker installed on Tuesday. My grandmother is still in the hospital because her blood levels are still not up to par. Conveniently, their rooms are directly across the hall from each other.

Please pray for my Dad's surgery and recovery, my grandmother's recovery, my mom's strength, and the rest of my family as we nurse them back to health!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are both in our prayers. Give your dad a big hug from us!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to sign my name on the previous comment!

Shelley & crew

Brian said...

You are all in my prayers, Joan.

tamandscott said...

Will be praying!

Anonymous said...

You are all in my prayers. Tell your Mom and Dad hello and we are praying for everyone. Kaylee sends her love and kisses too.
Christi